The first day of 2022 is just days away! What if this is the year you become the healthiest version of yourself? The most successful? The most motivated? Motivation, that one can be tricky. It is that key ingredient to making your goals a reality. It takes that inner drive and passion for creating a change. New year, new goals, new you! Here for 5 things to start doing in the new year to help keep you motivated.
1. Care about the products you put in your body
An easy start to getting the results you want is fueling your body correctly. SP products are meant to help you and help you achieve your goals. All the ingredients are clean and good for your body. Adding just a few products into your daily routine will help you see those results faster!
Need some more fruits and veggies in your diet? Start taking Fruits & Greens in the morning. Fruits & Greens will give you your daily serving of fruits and vegetables! Clean ingredients for a clean gut!
Need something to drive you through those final reps at the gym? Dry scoop or sip some P.R.E. before you go. Get that long-lasting, clean energy!
Need something to give you that afternoon pick-me-up? Grab some Synergy instead of another cup of coffee or an energy drink. Energy to last you the whole day with added ingredients to help improve your serotonin levels!
2. Write Down Your Goals & Add Deadlines
Did you know that you are 42% more likely to achieve your goals by writing down your goals? With the beginning of the year coming around, we know many of you are planning out and creating those new year resolutions.
Grab a notebook. Write down your goals and add a deadline to them. By having that deadline, you can create a detailed plan on how you plan to achieve that goal by backtracking from that deadline. Let's say you want to lose 10 pounds by February 1st. You take that end date of February 1st and plan out every workout and your meals up till that date. This will take a little more time, but when you see your hard work paying off, it will have been worth it. Your goal should be to be working a little closer to one of your goals every day.
The last step to writing down these goals is putting the list in place; you will see it every day. Maybe this is the mirror in your bathroom. Or on your kitchen counter. Or next to your keys. Just somewhere, you will be reminded of your goals.
3. Figure Out Your Deeper Why
Finding why you want to achieve a particular goal will help you decide if it aligns with your values. You are more likely to achieve a goal with a deeper purpose. For example, if you want to lose weight. Is your purpose for wanting to lose weight is just to look better, or is it because you want to have good health for your kids? Find that deeper why, and you will find motivation.
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you are having trouble finding that deeper why:
- Does this goal align with one of my values?
- Does my goal help someone other than myself?
- How am I going to feel when I achieve this goal?
- When I can't find the inner strength to stay motivated, is there something about this goal that will carry me through?
4. Have a Rockstar Morning Routine
A morning routine is one of the most crucial things you can add to your daily routine because it sets you up for success from the minute you wake up. Here are some things to consider adding to your morning routine. Try adding one or two and then add more after those become routine.
- Waking Up At The Same Time Every Day: This helps your body create a routine.
- Gratitude: You can keep these in a journal. This helps start your morning off on a positive, grateful note.
- Working Out: Great way to kick start your energy for the day!
- Listening to Classical Music: There are many benefits to listening to classical music! It decreases stress and blood pressure, sparks creativity, and supercharges your brainpower.
- Taking Fruits & Greens: Drink it after your cup of coffee, and you already have your serving of fruits & vegetables for the day!
Tell a friend your goals and what you are working towards! Finding someone to hold you accountable will help you stay motivated even when it gets tough! It is important to find someone you trust, who you know will keep you accountable even when you don't want to be.
It is also important to keep yourself accountable. A great way to start holding yourself accountable is noticing when you are making excuses and stopping yourself. Like we said before, motivation comes from inner drive and passion; excuses do not help this.
2022 is your year! Conquer it with insane motivation and drive! Write down your 2022 goals and tag us @spnutrition on Instagram. We would love to help hold you accountable this new year!